If you have a character heritage home, packing shed, old hand painted fruit sign or listed tree that needs work, now’s your chance to get that work done. Check it out here – Waitakere Heritage Fund. Closes 22 August.
PS. I have a printed copy of the LAP Heritage Area Assesments done by OPUS and description of many buildings in the area describing their heritage status and recommendations for the plan- done by Waitakere City Council. And the Heritage listings in the District Plan are here. Email me if you want more info. firstname.lastname@example.org
Below is a description of the fund.
The purpose of this fund is to help people conserve, restore and protect aspects of Auckland’s cultural heritage, including built, archaeological and Maori heritage.
Who can apply?
The fund is open to applications for heritage projects within the former Waitakere City Council boundaries.
To be eligible, heritage resources must be:
- scheduled for protection in the Auckland Council District Plan (Waitakere City)
- registered with the New Zealand Historic Places Trust, or
- be of sufficient merit to warrant listing.
Projects funded in the past include:
- roof replacement works for heritage buildings
- maintenance of heritage trees
- preparation of conservation documentation
- architectural plans and resource consent fee reimbursement.