Have your say on the Waitakere Local Boards Budgetpriorities for 2016/17.. Here
The proposed expenditure for Waitakere for 2016 is $10.2 Million = $1.7 (capex) to renew and develop assets, and $8.5 million (opex) for operation and maintenance of those assets.
Capex priorites for our local board are:
- develop a town centre plan for Glen Eden ($370,000) **
- renew existing assets including renewals to local and sports parks ($940,000)
- walkway development ($350,000) **
Opex priorities for our local board are:
- Continuing implementation of the Waitākere Ranges Strategic Weed Management Plan
- Following up on feedback and actions from Te Wao Nui a Tiriwa
- the Standing up for the Waitākere Ranges Forum held in October 2015 –
- Developing and improving information for the community on living in the Waitākere Ranges Heritage Area
- Carrying out a survey and character study of local heritage in Swanson
- Continuing to produce and extend Thrive, our newsletter showcasing sustainable business in the Waitākere Ranges Heritage Area •
- Further cycle and pedestrian improvements and connections between Oratia, Parrs Park and Sunnyvale • greater emphasis on the marine environment •
- More interpretation around parks, facilities, and public spaces •
- design guidelines for parks •
- Waste minimisation policy for parks and public places in the local board area.
A few questions were raised online about why we have another Glen Eden plan? Is there budget for implementation this time and what is the walkway budget for?
Answer from Chair Sandra Coney, ” Previous plans that have been done are high-level urban design frameworks and concept plans for the whole Glen Eden Town centre. What we are looking at now is a detailed design for creation of public places and implementation, that is, the beginning of the build. There is a similar amount in next year’s budget: the total amount about is about $600,000. Re walkways, this applies to a number of walkways including the Foothills Walkway and a walkway at Rimutaka Place. The Oratia to Parrs Park shared pathway is in this year’s budget.”
But be sure to submit to council: